Monday 9 October 2017

Molly Hashimoto - Printmaking/Media handling

A lot of Molly's work are block prints with watercolour. I found Molly while I was cleaning a woman's house this morning and noticed her calendar in the kitchen and was instantly drawn to it and thought, "HEY!, I'm going to look into her for my Printmaking AND Exploratory Media Handling units!".
Molly lives in Seattle, Washington and her work is usually put into calendars, postcards, gift books, etc. Her work is usually of birds and nature... but mostly birds, I see... Her prints are put onto rag paper, and printed with oil-based inks and are hand tinted with Watercolour.

I think I'd enjoy this technique and defiantly going to try it, maybe use gouache too in my experiments.


Crow and Moon 8x10


Owl and moon



Crow, Moon and cherry blossoms 8x10



All of them have a great, illustrative use of line and colour and I don't particularly think I have a favourite print at all as they all appeal to me and I'm excited to get back to college to try this technique for myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment