Monday 29 January 2018

Media Handling Evaluation


So we were asked to create work on the theme "Environment" for a unit called Exploratory Media Handling. I really enjoy doing little gouache illustrations of my first rabbits, Vincent and Edgar in space, I just think its a fun, light hearted way to think of them as they were let out of their hutch by someone who broke into our garden during the night, Vincent never came back and my neighbour found Edgar and he died during the following night. Sad times. Err. anyway, I was inspired by Beatrix Potter, and I learned that she too, was inspired by her rabbits, Benjamin and Peter, who inspired the Peter Rabbit books, I decided to make a little story about Edgar going to find Vincent as he never came home, and deciding that Vincent is on the moon so he goes to buy himself a rocket ship and away he goes, while wandering the moon he bumps into a friendly green alien and is invited back for tea, and then out of the blue Vince knocks on the aliens door and they are re-united... yeah..
I feel it is related to the theme environment because first of all I built Vince and eddies home haha, and also it uses the idea of imagination and creates this world where rabbits can fly a rocket ship and go to space I guess haha.

I feel in some boards I could probably have done a better job on some of the story boards as I feel a couple of them were rushed, I've not included all 15 pictured in this evaluation however.

 Page2/15
Page7/15
Page8/15
 Page10/15
Page12/15

I also, sketchbook wise, had more drawings and paintings of my rabbits that I didn't include but I should have stuck them in there and or done more. I'l know that for next time though.

yeah..

No comments:

Post a Comment