Wednesday 24 January 2018

Photography - UPDATED WITH ORIGINALS

As I posted earlier in my "photography experiments" thing.. we were given a brief on the topic of "My point of view"

In total I've taken about 300 photographs and out of that 300 I've selected 10, live I was asked and then selected a final two out of that 10.. so here it is.. my 10..
the "My point of view" way I went was nature and landscape, I took a load of my photographs in the north of Scotland, which I think really helped me... I struggled a lot trying to find a topic for my photography so I find my trip to have been beneficial.


***I need to get the original of this off my memory stick, as ive been an arse and deleted it off my phone and my laptop is screenless****

This photograph was taken through a decayed doorway or maybe window of Ardvreck Castle near.. I want to say Elphin and Ledmore which are tiny little villages which are, really, the closest place to it haha... umm.. but I decided to choose it because I genuinely just like its composition...


This was an old, broken down ruined stone wall I found in the middle of a field, I liked it because it feels to me, a sense of old Scottish ruins and history, essentially my heritage... I love finding old Scottish ruins and I love reading the history behind it and I love to imagine what it looked like when it was first built and lived in/around. 
I just enhanced the photograph with settings on my phone and played with the contrast so its all bright and shiny. 
Original


****Also need the original off my memory stick for this one****

I chose this photo simply because I love the way the rocks are formed, where we were was a very volcanic rocky area where literally the majority of the North West of Scotland was built on a type rock called Lewisian Gneiss, which is the oldest rock in Britain aged at 3000 million years old.
impressive...
again I just brightened up the photograph on my phone and played with the contrast.. yeah..

I took this photo in the middle of a squelchy field on a hill, on my way to try and find the Old Man O' Stoer... I didn't find it because it was getting too dark and we didn't want to have to attempt to get back to the car through this mud and cow poo mine field in the dark because that would have been a disaster!! However I did meet some very friendly baby cows! I love cows!!!! 

I love this photo because you see the side of the building where the cows live but also, in the distance, you see mountains!!! I love the contrast between the bright foreground and the misty cloudy mountains in the distance!
again with this I just played with my brightness and contrast.


Original

I almost died taking this photo (Just a little exaggeration)... Was SO icy! 
The only thing I done to this photo was crop it a little and put I think it was the Lark or the Reyes Instagram filter over it?? I like this photo because of its composition. ya..

original



This is a photo of my precious giant rabbit, Winston, it was taken because while feeding him and the others, he was looking out the garden room (Basically a rabbit room now.. oops) doors and I thought it would make a really cool/cute photo.. the way it turned out was as if he was a silhouette and I have a couple more photos in the topic of silhouettes on my Instagram of my boyfriend hanging up Christmas tree decorations.
I brightened up the photo using the auto adjust setting on my phone and then I just cropped this photo and put the filter Lark over it?? I'm not sure on what one but it was something...

original




I took this photo the first day the snow came and I was waiting on my bus to get me into Peebles, but of course out crappy little bus didn't show up.. but anyway I loved the way the street light was illuminating the street opposite and the snow was basically untouched as it was like 7.15 in the morning.. I cropped the photo and put a very slight blue filter over it because I think it made it look cooler and I think that was called Clarendon?? but there we goo...


original



AHHH I think this is my favourite photo ever! Compositionally its great, got the sheep over there and the sun over here and the hills and mountains in the back.. 
I took this in Stoer, the sheep were super friendly and let you get right up to them.. was great. 
I think this is classed as a rule of thirds??? not quite sure 
I had to auto adjust this one on my phone because I couldn't manually get it correct.. after I did that though I played with the contrast and saturation and I personally think it turned out pretty cool...

original

FINALLY MY FINAL TWO


I just cropped this photo and put a light filter on top. it was sunset and really really misty.

original



This was the inside of the cow house thing in Stoer. I really like this photo because you get the slight silhouette of the cow and the sun takes everything else away and all you're left with is the reflection in the muddy puddles and no colour other than the sky.. I think it's super interesting... meh
don't think I did anything to this since the original seems to be the same?

original

In total the majority of the time I had no idea for my end game.. I wasn't quite sure what it was I was trying to achieve? but I quite like the photos I did get and I understand a lot more about settings on cameras and my phone... I think I'm going to take some of these photos to use in my Painting to a Theme unit because I think I'm going to have a change and do some landscape... 
Yeah... 





No comments:

Post a Comment