Wednesday 23 January 2019

The Scanner - Photography

The scanner can be a fairly basic piece of machinery that usually comes as part of a printer. Since meeting my friend Kirsty, i've never really thought about using a scanner for any of my previous photography briefs, including this one, and i really wish i did!
I think it is one of the more creative ideas of photography as its quick to manipulate and with my own experience its more "Im gonna throw this, this and this on and see what happens" kind of thing, which is something i prefer in art, and especially photography as i dont have much interest in the subject and tend to just enjoy taking snaps rather than thinking about it seriously... Technology as a whole stresses me out big time!!
I have done a few experiments for this blog, starting with using almost dead flowers from a bouquet;


The first two i done with the lid down, it gave the white background which would be ok for some things, but i didnt like it... 



Then i had a dumbass moment and was like "...you could just leave the lid up and it would have a black background... :) " which i defiantly thing works SO much better!! 



I then played with some string, ribbon, thread spools and sewing machine bobbins - just things lying around my desk and i honestly LOVE them... think i will use this in future briefs! 


No comments:

Post a Comment